About the Farm
Giving you access to the best locally produced food for over 100 years
A short history of our business
Charles Wilfong (1878-1970) bought the first part of the home farm in 1916. Prior to that, he had a farm on the top of the Alleghany Mountain and he also worked as a timber cutter. He constantly strived to enlarge the farm and his livestock numbers. At that time, he only had Hereford cattle and black faced sheep.
Albert Wilfong (1926-2013) joined the farm full time in 1945 after he graduated from high school. He greatly expanded the size of the farm with the help of the rapid mechanization of farming. During his lifetime, he saw farming progress from using horses to utilizing the computer controlled equipment of today. He implemented extensive lime, fertilization and drainage practices on the farm.
Many acres dedicated to farming
The farm is currently owned and operated by Charles (Linda) Wilfong and Charles Wilfong II, along with assistance from two son-in-laws Silas (Nicole) and Arthur (Kristine). In recent years many advancements have been made, including the design, construction and implementation of CW's Corn Maze. They also built a sheep feeding barn that is equipped to feed 1200 lambs.
800 Cows & Replacements
800 Acres Alfalfa & Other Hay
200 Acres Corn
50 Acres Oats
Feeding, inspiring and teaching
The Wilfong Family is committed to continuing to supply the Pocahontas county area with delicious, high quality products, expanding agri-tourism to our beautiful state, and educating the public and youth about the many benefits of local farming.
Summer Farmer's Markets
CW'S Corn Maze (Fall 2021)
Christmas at the Farm (Winter 2021)